Wednesday Apr. 23, 2014
Closing Range

By Gators on 12-19-12 @ 4:29 pm

Being the in the medical field.  I think guns do play a part, but I think it’s more about the mental
health of the pt.  Look at this shooting and many in the past many have big mental health
problems..not many of them have a job maybe 5%.  So what can be done?  There are over
300 million guns in the USA.  I do not own one, but I’m thinking of getting one to protect my
family.  Every school and School bus is a target of someone who wants to do harm.  How can
your protect them all?  You can’t. Besides our country is broke.  Who would pay for all the
security we need?
So we have to identify people who are at risk..and hope they get help.  A big task. I wish I had
a good answer, but I don’t see one.
By bocephusj57 on 12-19-12 @ 8:45 pm

Guess which party keeps cutting funding for mental healths services?

Guess which organization put language into Obamacare to preclude mental health being considered
for gun possession?

The NRA etc inserted 5 provisions into the law effectively handcuffing health care professionals
from being able to sound a warning.
By Gators on 12-20-12 @ 6:00 am

Plus if the pts do get help the drugs they have to take have many side effects, weight gain,
fatigue, basically they are knocked out on their feet.  Thus they quit taking them.  Plus many
are very expensive.  Plus if you drink with them, it makes the problem worse.  That’s why I say
no easy answer.
By Red Green on 12-20-12 @ 11:27 am

As usual our political leadership is focusing on the cheap and easy (gun control) instead of
the real problem that is hard and costly (mental health programs).

In recent days a thought has been widely bandied about, that…if mental health treatment
were as easy to come by as guns, we might not have these tragedies.

Quoting H.L. Mencken,  “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
(and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of
hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Quoting Penn Jillette,  “Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety,
and the government answers by taking rights away from good people.”

And finally, quoting Ronald Reagan, “We must reject the idea that every time a law is
broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.  It is time to restore the American
precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”

Fearful people do stupid things….let’s be smart about this.
By Gators on 12-21-12 @ 10:20 am

Mental Health a big problem all over the world.  I think the more we have..(Possesions) the
more miserable the world has become.  We have violent video games, shows, movies. This
can’t be a good thing in the long run, and I’m not talking about Dirty Harry.  Plus the big break
down of the family unit.  Now 41% of all babies born are born to single mothers.  Do the babies
get what they need, I say probably not. How many people in the usa are in prison or jail.  Way
over 2,000,000 million.  Montana and a few other states look half-way normal compared to
many states.  There is no one answer.  Plus the USA being broke we cannot pay for more
hospitals and such.  Plus the media…going over and over and over the shootings only gives
more people on the edge ideas.  What do you think????
By kalispelling bee on 12-21-12 @ 11:53 am

Since you asked, Gators, I think you make some valid points. Mostly, I agree with you that there
are no easy answers because so many conflicting values aren’t easy to merge. I DO count my
blessings because mental illness hasn’t directly touched my family, although it has disrupted
some very good families I know. I’m just happy that people are talking about it.

Howeeeeever…. 2,000,000 million people in US jails might be overshooting the number, don’t you
think? I don’t even know the word for 2 million millions!
By Gators on 12-21-12 @ 12:02 pm

I googled the prison info which was 1.6M plus add the jails which was almost 400k.  Ouch.  It
still baffles me, I am just an average guy, put I paid attention in school, and did what the
teachers said.  I used my head for something besides a hat rack.  Merry Christmas to everyone.
By kalispelling bee on 12-21-12 @ 12:25 pm

Same to you, Gators.
By redhawk on 12-21-12 @ 8:37 pm

” religion undeniably acts as moral education, as a force for genuine good.”  Taliban.  How do
you wrap your brain around that!?
Red/Green, good points.
We live in a complicated world.  Maybe it’s time to quit thinking in slogans and start seeking
solutions.
By Gators on 12-22-12 @ 10:38 am

People will hide behind anything “they” think will help them.  It does not have to be true.  If you
look at the countries with all the hate and killing in the world, it all leads back to one idea and
group. Until the world figures this out the same story will unfold day after day.  It is beyond me.
By reggie on 12-22-12 @ 10:54 am

Can’t remember just when, but didn’t Reagan close most facilities for mental health treatment
early in his carrer, puting the previous patients on the street?
By GATE on 12-22-12 @ 11:22 am

‘Moonbeam’ Brown’s father, Edmund G.(Pat) Brown signed into law the closing of the California Mental
facilities, pushed by the Left-Wing ‘Patients Rights’ lonnies and past by the Left-Wing Legislature.
Governor Reagan implemented the Law!
By Gators on 12-22-12 @ 12:47 pm

Keep in Mind:  All politicans seek your “VOTE” and in order to get it they promise money and
spending.  This is why we are in the shape we are in and other countries.  It is a big mess.
Greece has only 11 million people and only 1 in 3 work.  The federal gov’t has doubled in size
in 11 years.  It is clear what has to done, but NO ONE will take the plunge.  Congress over the
years is more to blame…IMHO.

Flathead County may allow political signs to be posted forever http://t.co/gCGk4AZETR No more time restraints http://t.co/p0lQziFxCp
Kalispell Annexes 40 Acres Where Rail Park Could Surface http://t.co/POsYcPnh0v
@Lubchansky Where are you on this pain scale? http://t.co/U2MDitEdpl
The Replacements just played with Billy Joe accompaniment! And played an encore! #Coachella2014
Cooking with Gas http://t.co/NbBrQyQzGu