Wednesday Apr. 16, 2014
In his final year, Montana’s governor seeks to cement his legacy

By Danielle on 03-07-12 @ 9:03 am

Although I am an Independent and do not favor the Democrat or the Republican party, I would like to
thank the Governor for his outstanding work he has done for the people of Montana. I do not agree
with everything Schweitzer has done ( the NDAA) but for the most part, I do believe he has had
Montana in his best interest. I would like to ask the Governor why he feels the need to consider
Tom Vilsak to overlook all things in Montana eg. The Food for Eaters bill that will trade our organic
wheat (NON GMO ) with Europe or the pork plant in Shelby? Tom Vilsak is NOT trustworthy and
has proven that he stands with Giant Mega corporations (MONSANTO) and their desire to take over
all the agricultural land in the United States (land grabs). With the situation that the United States is
in at the moment the Governor needs to understand that we are not so trustworthy of big
corporations or foreign countries building on our lands. Montanans are in dire need of jobs but are
not so willing to just hand over our land in order to obtain jobs. Concerning the XL Pipeline. It is
stated in the article above by Schweitzer that “breaking ground in Montana for the pipeline is like
building a pipeline to nowhere”, yet we have started many things here in Montana that were at first
thought to not succeed only to go national. The Epa, DOA, and many more government branches
are nothing more than power hungry organizations bent on regulating the people of the U.S so hard
that there will not be a single thing we do that is in one way or another illegal. The federal
government needs to back off of the states and let the people of the states decide what is in their
best interest. All the branches of government need to be closed and let OUR ELECTED STATE
LEADERS .......LEAD…. these are the people we voted for to run our states and these are the
people we trust to run our states, I do not ever remember VOTING for TOM VILSAK to decide what
goes on in my state and therefore he should have no say so in what happens in my state!!..Thank
you Mr. Schweitzer for all you have done for Montana..It is greatly appreciated!
By Tox on 03-08-12 @ 6:57 am

We should consider ourselves very lucky to have such a common sense, fiscally responsible
governor as Brian Sch weitzer, who has also demonstrated such a great sense humor when
addressing the extreme or the unreasonable. I just loved it when he took his “veto” branding
irons to Helena and branded all that foolish BS the Republicans had come with as “legislation”.
That was exactly what it deserved.

However, I wish Gov. Schweitzer had stayed the course and not give in them so much the second
time around. I was particularly disappointed by his caving in to the conservatives on
restricting the use of medical marijuana. He should have stayed true to Montana’s tradition of
upholding individual freedom, and taken the Republicans by their word that everybody should be
able to make their own decisions on health care, and not reenforce the Big Briother Nanny State
which robs citizens of their freedom.

Most of all I would like to express my deep appreciation for all Gov. Schweitzer’s efforts to
protect our beloved North Fork and find a solution with the Canadians so the upper drainage is
also protected. This is a tremedous achievement, a legacy, that will outlast our own lives far
into the future for our children and children’s children.
Great job Gov. Schweitzer!
Thank You.
By Maria on 03-08-12 @ 7:37 am

The biggest bully, the most self-inflated, narcissistic governor this state has ever known.
By RussCrowder on 03-08-12 @ 11:50 am

Say what you want, but as Schweitzer demonstrated during the last Montana Legislative session,
he was good at playing “Republican’s” like a fiddle.  He was also good at deceiving his opponents,
the press, the public and even his base of radical left wing supporters, if it served and furthered the
interests of Brian Schweitzer.  In other words, he is the perfect Democrat !

P.S.  What Maria said.
By RIGHTOFCENTER on 03-08-12 @ 4:52 pm

SCHWEITZER IS JUST ONE GREAT BIG “GAS BAG” FULL OF HOT AIR AND YOU KNOW
WHAT ELSE.
By mitch on 03-08-12 @ 7:29 pm

Great governor!  Sure hate to see him leave as he’s done so much good for our state.  I’m sure
it’s on to bigger things for him.  It’ll be hard (if not impossible) to fill his shoes.
By Yudamni on 03-08-12 @ 8:06 pm

Every time I go to Wendy’s and order a Number 1 I pay with a ten and get my change back.  I pay
my State taxes and it has a surplus of cash,  it doesn’t need all my taxes, so where is my
change?  No, Gov. Schister just takes the cash and spends it on his pet projects, like blue
license plates, we are a red state and not all of us are Bobcat fans.  Not one time has he ever
suggested a refund. Spend, Tax, Spend..  It was funny when Obama turned his back on him,  he
wasn’t blue enough I guess.
By inthemiddle on 03-09-12 @ 11:12 pm

I haven’t agreed with everything Brian Schweitzer has done as Governor, but I do agree with
most. He has been the best Governor Montana has had in my lifetime. He will be missed.
Russ and Maria, politics in Montana isn’t the school playground. If the republicans can’t pull up
there bigboy pants and get into the game they need to quit crying and find an easier game to
play. Maybe they should just stay here in Flathead County where they have a super majority,
nobody will pick on them here, and they can all cry to each other..
By Maria on 03-10-12 @ 8:37 am

Hey Tom-

Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and run for County Commissioner? The deadline
isn’t til Monday.
By lindsey68 on 03-12-12 @ 11:46 am

Maria, would you be available to manage his campaign or are you already committed?

...and who’s Tom?
By Maria on 03-12-12 @ 12:27 pm

Lindsey, sorry - although managing campaigns is outside my wheel house, I’ll be happy to go
door-to-door for whoever runs against our favorite drain snaker in West Valley.
By hotfishmt on 03-12-12 @ 1:52 pm

Maria sound like she is having a bad spell of PMS & I bet she needs some different meds
as her clearly aren’t making it? Hope she does not have bullets & a gun…dangerous
trio…..PMS, Gun & What was your question….oh boy.
By RIGHTOFCENTER on 03-13-12 @ 6:10 pm

Looks like Schweizer, “THE GREAT BIG GAS BAG FULL OF HOT AIR” and you know what else
has a negative approval rating here in Flathead County.  Just look at the Beacon poll that was just
conducted.  It sure is something that he has higher negatives than postives in his home county
here in Montana.  Maybe the mainstream press story line that Schweizer is so popular is not true.
At least in his home county.

As I see Schweizer all I see is a big blowhard that has made his political career out of stunts that
only get him attention, but do nothing good for the people of Montana.

Missing 3-year-old found in a claw machine at the bowling alley. http://t.co/2v6zIasWku http://t.co/DKqRldRXSF
EPA official: "We're ready to designate this site as a Superfund site." #CFAC #mtnews
@ilikemints Same. http://t.co/1tfvzHIHnJ
Your Survival Guide To Coachella http://t.co/hlyov5FZjv via @IamJessicaLima http://t.co/0b5csXZiN8
First Impressions: Driven By Mastery http://t.co/vAGhQ6cuVQ