The Website follows these principles in collecting and managing PII:
- We collect PII from individuals only as allowed by law.
- We tell visitors who provide PII to the Website the purpose for which the information is collected.
- We tell people who provide PII about their opportunity to modify or remove their PII from Our system.
- We use PII only for the specified purposes, or purposes consistent with those purposes, unless We get your consent or unless required by law or regulation.
- We use information security safeguards.
- We may use "cookies" to obtain anonymous and aggregate information about your use of the Website.
- We do not collect PII from children under the age of thirteen (13) years of age.
We limit the collection of PII to what is relevant and necessary to accomplish a lawful purpose of the Website. For example, in order for a Member to submit content to the Website, we request that the Member provide Us with certain PII, like their name and e-mail address. We do not collect any PII from Visitors who browse our Website and who do not wish to submit any information. We collect PII about you only if you provide it to Us voluntarily through the Website.
We collect PII of Members who submit materials to the Website in order to contact such Members regarding their submissions if We so desire. We may also send Members certain communications, such as announcements or administrative messages, for marketing or other purposes.
We will not sell, lease, or otherwise disclose your PII to third parties without your consent, provided that We may share your PII with third parties under certain circumstances, including: a) if sharing your PII is necessary to execute a specific request by you; however, in these specific cases, third parties will not retain, share, or store any PII except to provide the specific services requested by you; b) if sharing your PII is required by law; is necessary to respond to a subpoena, warrant, or court order; or is necessary to protect the rights of the Website or its visitors; or c) if you give us explicit permission to share your PII with third parties.
Flathead Beacon may share demographic information with third parties on an anonymous and aggregated basis (i.e., without disclosing your identity), subject to this Policy. One of the reasons that we may do this is to improve the Website’s effectiveness.
We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the PII of Members collected or maintained by the Website against loss, unauthorized access, and illegal use or disclosure. PII is stored in secure locations.
Effective Date: May, 2007